- 24/7 Wall Street reviewed job listing sites, online databases, and occupation data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to find the weirdest job or job opening in every state
- In California someone is actually a dog surf instructor, while Florida’s weirdest job is a scuba diving pizza deliveryman
- Other weird jobs include a dog food taster, professional sleeper, dice quality inspector and more
It isn’t uncommon to hear kids say they want to be firefighters, or even doctors or teachers, but we bet none of them have ever said they want to be a dog surf instructor. In fact, most adults didn’t even know that’s a thing, but apparently, it is! And it’s also one of several weird jobs that people in this country have.
The site 24/7 Wall Street reviewed job listing sites, online databases, and occupation data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to find the weirdest job or job opening in every state, and while some aren’t that crazy, there are others that will probably leave you shaking your head.
For example, the dog surf instructor is actually someone’s job in California, while in Florida, it’s someone’s job to be a scuba diving pizza deliveryman.
Other weird jobs by state include:
- Georgia - Chicken sexer
- Hawaii – Golf ball diver
- Indiana – Airplane repo man
- Kansas – Dog food taster
- Michigan – Furniture tester
- Minnesota – Professional sleeper
- Missouri – Dice quality inspector
- New Jersey - gum buster
- New York – Fortune cookie writer
- North Carolina – Face Feeler
- Ohio – Odor judge
- Oregon – Professional snuggler
- Texas – Marketing Unicorn
Click here to see the weirdest job in your state.
Source: 24/7 Wall Street
PHOTO: Getty Images