Last year, CVS launched BeautyIRL in four stores and it was such a hit they’re bringing it to 45 more. In a partnership with the on-demand beauty services company, Glamsquad, CVS will be expanding its “interactive beauty departments” – where customers can get blowouts, hair styling, makeup applications, and even ear piercing! That is, if you’re in California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, and New York. As you’d guess, the services will also be ultra-affordable.
- A shampoo and blowout will be $35,
- while a blow dry with no shampoo goes for $30
- A dry styling session, which could include anything from an expertly styled bun to romantic waves, will be $20.
- Getting a full-face of makeup is $35
- ...and if you buy false lashes in the store, a beauty expert will apply them for free!
"The real mission of these stores is to democratize beauty," explains Maly Bernstein, vice president of beauty and personal care at CVS. "We wanted to make sure that consumers — regardless of income — have access to these services.”
Read more --> Refinery 29
Photo Credit: Getty Images