It isn’t always easy to find the right gift for someone during the holidays, but a new survey reveals the real gift most people want, but it likely won’t come cheap.
According to a Country Financial survey, while 19% of Americans would love a vacation or luxury item for the holidays, the real gift people want is for their debt to be gone. In fact, the most desired gifts include:
- Their biggest debts paid in full (50%)
- Their mortgage paid off (20%)
- Their credit card debt paid off (13%)
- Student loan debt gone (7%
But getting rid of folks' debt isn’t an easy task. The survey notes it would cost a $58,673 on average to wipe out the debt of a consumer today. All this debt translates into some major stress over the holiday season.
- 70% of Americans are stressed about the upcoming holiday.
- 32% say the holidays are the most financially stressful time of the year.
But money isn’t the only thing causing stress over the holidays.
- 21% say finding the right gift causes them stress.
- 16% are stressed not having enough time to take care of everything.
- 15% are stressed by family issues.
- 4% say travel is a cause of their money stress.
Read more --> Money
Photo Credit: Getty Images