It's the most wonderful time of the year. And by wonderful, I mean "expensive." It's the most expensive time of the year.
A new survey asked people what they're doing this year or what they normally do to scrounge up some extra cash to afford presents, trips, food, and everything else that costs a fortune during the holiday season. And here are the top 10 answers:
1. Taking extra shifts at work, 33%.
2. Opening a store credit card, 31%.
3. Taking a second or part-time job, 31%.
4. Starting a side hustle, 29%.
5. Cutting back on electricity and heat, 29%.
6. Opening a new credit card, 29%.
7. Cutting back on going out to eat, 27%.
8. Making a deal with their significant other not to get each other gifts, 27%.
9. Using public transportation, 26%.
10. Skipping a vacation, 25%.
Read more --> New York Post
Photo Credit: Getty Images