With this year and decade winding down, Yelp is looking ahead to the future with its 2020 beauty trend predictions. The review site has seen more than 28-million new reviews in the past year and to come up with its list of trends, Yelp uses experts and data analysis of the reviews. They look for keywords and phrases that showed the most growth between 2018 and 2019 to figure out which ones will be big next year.
According to their research, these products, ingredients, and treatments will be what beauty lovers will be into for 2020:
- Lymphatic massage -These treatments focus on your lymphatic system, which helps carry drainage - called lymph - back into your bloodstream and help remove toxins from the body. Lymphatic facials are supposed to reduce puffiness by moving the drainage from the face. And Yelp’s research shows mentions of lymphatic drainage are up 36% this year.
- More CBD -The ingredient is still going to be big in 2020, especially in treatments like CBD facials, according to Yelp.
- Med spas -These combo medical office/spas offer treatments like facials and massages, along with injectables and laser treatments because they’re overseen by doctors. Yelp predicts these quick services will be a big draw in 2020.
- Laser hair removal -This one isn’t new, but it’s still popular. According to Yelp, laser hair removal is becoming more mainstream and in 2019, there was a 23% increase in reviews.
- Dip powder nails- Another one that’s not new, but becoming more popular, this nail treatment is supposed to prolong your manicure to last three to four weeks. They may not be the healthiest thing for your nails, but Yelp reports that mentions of the process have increased 67% in the last year.
- Brow lamination- Forget microblading, this is the next big thing in brows. The treatment brushes and lifts eyebrows into the desired shape and uses a setting lotion to keep them set for up to six weeks. Yelp says brow lamination and ombre powder brows will be the biggest cosmetic procedures to happen to your face in 2020 and they had a 48% increase in mention on the site.
Read more --> Bustle
Photo Credit: Getty Images