Now that 2020 is almost here, plenty of folks are probably thinking about where they’re going to vacation in the new year. Well, Business Insider has a few suggestions for attractions you should really think about visiting in 2020, and for a good reason.
Vacation spots to hit in 2020 include:
- California’s Glacier Point Road– Yosemite park officials will be closing Glacier Point Road for all of 2020 and part of 2021 so if you want to see epic views of Yosemite Valley, Half Dome, and Yosemite Falls, go this year.
- Cuba– The Trump administration has added new travel restrictions to Cuba so experts suggest going now “while you still can.”
- Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania– If you want to hike the famous mountain and get beautiful snow capped pictures go now because the ice is disappearing. In fact, more than 85% of the ice cover is already gone.
- Alaska’s Columba Glacier– It’s also shrinking rapidly. It once was 41 miles long, but scientists say by 2020 it will only be 26 miles long.
- Venice, Italy– It’s no secret Venice is shrinking, plus recurring floods and more mean it may be uninhabitable sooner than we think.
- Glacier National Park, Montana– The park used to have more than 150 glaciers, but now there are fewer than 26, and soon there could be none.
- Belfast, Northern Ireland– “Game of Thrones” fans will want to head there in 2020, thanks to a “Game of Thrones” studio tour that’s set to open in the spring.
- Maine– The state is celebrating their bicentennial in 2020 with festivals, parades, and events across the state.
Check out some other destinations to visit in 2020 here.
Read more --> Business Insider
Photo Credit: Getty Images