Americans are planning to take less summer vacation this year, which may not be so great for their mental health. But taking a vacation has lots of benefits, and there are ways to feel like you are on one even if you don’t go anywhere. A new Expedia survey finds:
- 93% of people say traveling is good for general well-being, while 91% say it helps with stress and anxiety.
- Another 86% say it improves people’s attitudes, and 83% say it switches us off from work.
But what can you do to get that “vacation” feeling without actually traveling, especially now when a lot of folks don’t feel comfortable or safe doing so? Well, the survey finds the most effective ways to evoke a vacation state of mind without physically traveling include:
- Talk to friends and family about a vacation/vacation memory, especially those you traveled with (90%)
- Look at photos and videos from your trip (89%)
- Share memories with those you've traveled with (88%)
- Wear clothes (76%) and use souvenirs you bought on vacation (76%)
- Listen to music that reminds you of the vacation (66%)
- Start planning your next vacation (62%)
- Cook the local cuisine or a meal that reminds you of a past trip (52%)
Read more --> Expedia
Photo Credit: Getty Images