While you’re dragging out the holiday decorations and wrapping paper, you’ll want a festive flick to watch while you work. And as you enjoy your annual viewing of “Miracle on 34th Street” or “Elf,” you’ll need a wintery mixed drink to get you in the holiday spirit. These are the ideal cocktails to go with your favorite Christmas movies.
- “It’s a Wonderful Life” and Mulled Wine- The angel Clarence asks for mulled wine by name in this classic film, so it’s the perfect libation for you to sip with this movie. And this sweet-and-spicy mulled wine will warm you up while the story warms your heart.
- “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” and Deviled Margarita- For the old school Dr. Seuss movie, you’ll need something green and a little spicy, and this Deviled Margarita made with a hint of cayenne is both.
- “Miracle on 34th Street” and Eggnog- It’s one of the most traditional Christmas movies, so of course, it goes best with this traditional holiday cocktail.
- “Elf” and Holiday Amaretto Sour- Buddy the elf can’t get enough sweet stuff, like his beloved maple syrup, and it would make a good swap for simple syrup in this Sparkling Amaretto Sour recipe.
- “Love Actually” and Pimm’s Royale- This British rom com celebrates love in many forms and what goes better with that than a bubbly British Pimm’s Royale?
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas” and boozy hot chocolate- While you watch Charlie Brown and the gang find the meaning of Christmas, sip on this Buzzy Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate and pay homage to Peppermint Patty at the same time.
- Every Hallmark holiday movie and Sparkling Rosé Cocktail- This bubbly concoction is a perfect match for those fun, fizzy romantic comedies.
- “A Christmas Story” and Holiday Negroni- In honor of Ralphie’s beloved Red Ryder BB gun, sip on this crimson-hued Holiday Negroni.
- “White Christmas” and White Russian- This holiday classic needs a classic cocktail to pair with it, like the creamy, coffee deliciousness of a White Russian. Cheers!
Read more --> Real Simple
Photo Credit: Getty Images